Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Drama that is My Life

Oh where to start. I guess my knee is an obvious place to start.

Things with my knee are going well - my surgeon was happy with progress and said he'd didn't need to see me for another month and that I'm in the hands of my physio. This was good news to my physio who was bit daunted by the initial list of very prescriptive directions my surgeon provided. I'm still doing the initial set of lying down exercises but have started doing a series of lunges and other exercises to start getting the strength back in my muscle.

I'm no longer using my crutches and am able to walk around home without my brace on - which is awesome!! I can't wait to have the brace off. My new nickname at work varies between Robo Cop and the Bionic Woman depending on who it is (personally I prefer bionic woman). Oh well - at least I'm making progress and slowly getting back to it. Now I just can't wait for the wounds to heal so that I can get back into the pool - or once I have 100 degrees of bend and can ride a stationary bike.



Now to the drama with my now old flatmate... So I thought everything was all good with my flatmate, however things got a bit weird. Following a couple of small things that just didn't sit right he told me on a Tuesday night that he had just signed a new lease and would be moving out on Saturday (4 days!). He then proceeded to demand his full bond in return, regardless of if I was able to find someone to move in following his timeline. After telling him in so many words that he wasn't getting his full bond back and wouldn't be getting a penny till I received the bond from the new flatmate - he proceeded to take the keys hostage after he moved out.

I've now changed the locks and now have a new flatmate who has just moved in today. She is really nice and I think will be a much better fit.

This has all be going on while I've been completely drained with my first week back to work, so I've been exhausted on all fronts. Hopefully things will settle down a bit in the next couple weeks and I can focus on getting my knee back to normal. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: