Sunday, February 24, 2008

I now officially can say "I live in Sydney"



So on I had the fabulous chance to go out on a sail boat on Friday night. It was a good friend's birthday and his girlfriend organised for 12 of us to go on a sailboat around the harbour for a couple of hours. It was fantastic. I've uploaded the pictures to my Flickr account (linked here: http://flickr.com/photos/kerri_mcclelland/
sets/72157603975971557/
) but just to give you a preview, here is the best picture of me w/ the opera house behind.


The boat was a bit late at leaving the dock so there are only a few pictures that were taken before it became dark, but it was good fun. We managed to drink all the alcohol we brought on board and the guacamole I brought was killed in about 15 minutes... if that. :)

The water wasn't as cold as I thought it would be, but then again the weather has been MUCH better than it has over the last few weeks. For those who don't know... for the last 2-3 weeks it has rained the equivalent if not more than their annual rainfall. So needless to say I have not been very impressed. This weekend it has been nice though and I was able to go down and play beach volleyball this morning.

Every Sunday there is a group of people who go play beach volleyball and I've managed to keep enough of my volleyball skills to be 'able' to play with the advanced group which starts at 8:30AM... which has put a damper on my Saturday nights. Which honestly is a good and bad thing... good in that I don't go spend more money and bad that I don't go out. So far I've managed to compensate with going out on Friday nights. :)

This upcoming week we are going surfing at a place called Seal Rocks. It is about 2 hours north of Sydney and the group we are going with will come pick us up and drive us up there. They give us lessons, surf boards, wet suits, places to sleep, food... pretty much everything but alcohol. For only $225, which is a steal considering we will be there for 2 ful days. So many fun pictures will come from that. :) And hopefully I'll be able to say I can surf. The unfortunate thing is that next weekend is also the gay Mardi Gra here... which means I'll either need to stay here next year and not go on exchange, come back, or just never leave... Mom I know which one you're NOT voting for. :)

OK must get back to my Organisational Behaviour reading so I can go home and sleep.

xoxo + Cheers!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kerri! Looks like you are having an amazing time! Thanks for the updates! Miss you! Steph xxx