Monday, February 25, 2008

"People Magazine" Kerri Style...

OK Jodie... this ones for you. Although I know Jenni and many others will probably get a good laugh out of it. :)

80's Fashion Gone Bad...

Now I feel I can almost say I lived with 80's fashion considering all the jewelry, cloths, and general experiences I had w/ my sisters whom I love dearly. But the local style here in Sydney is serious 80's fashion gone bad. There was a 'sighting' of a girl playing beach volleyball w/ a tank that had large holes in the sides - think Toni Braxton's white dress. Now as any good 80's child would I of course first thought of the awful tan line she would get, let alone the fact that it wasn't fit for beach sports.

Then there are the shorts... which could not get any shorter. This doesn't just apply to the women... the men are just as guilty. We're talking 1-2 in inseams... which on the majority of people is just WRONG.

Now I must say I admire the confidence that the general public has, and their courage to wear super tight, low cut, and extremely short dresses... but there is a point at which certain people should wear more fabric than less.

So Many Men... So Little Swimsuits

Yes I am referring to bungee slingers, banana hammocks, or as we call them in the states Speedos. Now I must say that in my previous travels this has been completely and 100% an area of complaint. However, I must say that there is a good majority of the men here who I can honestly say pull off the little skimpy swim trunks. (Think Daniel Craig in Casino Royale... yum!!) This adds another fun aspect to beach watching and it's even better when you realize you know some of the guys. True you do get the occasional overweight, sun burnt and almost pruning older men who really shouldn't wear such things in public; but I can honestly say the occasional hard body makes up for it... especially considering there are usually more than one.

2 months and Still Single (and Loving It!!)

While I know the previous two sections have probably been entertaining, if not humorous, I know what many of you are looking for is if I'm going to report on how I've found the man of my dreams and am never planning to return to the continental US. Sorry... can't say that I have. I have managed to meet quite a few new people. Some I would consider dating but most are just friends.

Now realizing that this is the perfect opportunity to stick my neck out there and really meet some new people - especially considering I'm no longer travelling. With that in mind I have registered for a couple of local dating websites and have earmarked a couple of the local bars which are known as great singles spots. So far I'm just testing the water, but there are a couple possibilities which I will explore.

While I wish I could write an entire article describing the in depth insights I have into the psyche of the Aussie men... but I would be better suited to write a book on the insights of men across the globe. I say this because the men I spend the most of my time with are from: Turkey, Brazil, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, US and the UK. Given the differences between the countries… my most insightful fact is that men think almost exactly the same no matter which country they are from. Now I find this as both a sad and reassuring fact, because having grown up with a brother I feel I have a fair understanding for the weird and twisted ways men think… which as a single girl in today’s dating world is a good thing.

I hope you have all enjoyed this posting, as I have enjoyed writing it!!

love, hugs, etc. to all!! miss you!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Ker, I love your witty banter and narratives of your adventures down under! You are so funny in a subconscious and implicit kind of way!

As far as the 80s fashion goes, that tried to come back with the whole LC and the entire Hills gang trying to bring back the leggings... but it is over! AND there is something inherently WRONG about men wearing 1" inseam shorts. I WOULDN'T EVEN WEAR 1" INSEAMS and I think we can all agree that I'm a fan of the "short shorts"... but there has to be a limit!

Love you girl and keep on writing. I miss you so much.