Rugby Game
Unfortunately, it wasn't as exciting as it was built up to be... not to mention the fact that it was raining, cold, and I spent as much time in line for beer as watching the game. All in all it was much like your typical game in the US - cheap seats, expensive beer, good friends, and guys running chasing a ball and hurting each other. Will definitely go again and hopefully it will be more exciting. The picture below is of the stadium and the downpour of rain...
Events Coordinator
What this essentially means is that I will be planning the end of session parties and any other parties for the student society. It does not mean that I am coordinating everyone's social calendars - contrary to some peoples idea... More than anything this will be a fun position to have and enable me to play a part in the Student Society.
One thing that I'm going to try to organise is a trip through Habitat for Humanity. With being so close to countries who need help it is a great opportunity to help people and see a new area of the world.
The TKO
Soo... this was actually today. I've been going down and playing volleyball on Sundays with a group of really good players. Today we were doing some hitting activities and the ball I hit happened to bounce up and hit another girl (who, in my defense, wasn't paying attention) right under the jaw... the next thing she was like a falling tree and hit the sand. She was out for a couple seconds then managed to come to and was fine. Needless to say it wasn't my finest point in time, but it is something I never thought I would say I've done.
No comments:
Post a Comment