This week was the beginning of the autumn carnival -which translates into the beginning of race season. So for a whopping $22, we put on our fancy dresses and headed to the local race course. Considering it happens to be right next to the school it was a nice easy walk to the course, and along the way we were able to pick up our fascinators. Now for those of you who have not heard of fascinators - they are essentially the big feathery hair pieces which come close to the hats people wear.
I did bet on a couple of the horses and am now a seasoned professional on horse gambling. :) One horse actually won on my each way bet, but nothing won on the nose - so that translates into one horse won some money back but I did not win enough to make a difference or break even.
The day did remind me how much I love horses and eventually want to have my own some day - large emphasis of some day. It is easy to say that we will be going to more races, if nothing else we need to get our mileage out of our facinators as they weren't exactly cheap.
For Easter Sunday, I made dinner for a small group of friends here at my flat. We had roast beef, potatoes, asparagus and some really good wine. Considering this was the first time I've attempted a roast it turned out pretty well and I now have some good left overs for the coming week off.
Tomorrow I'm debating on doing Accounting studying or going on a road trip south with some friends - it's a hard choice... so I should have more information to post tomorrow but wanted to put this up for everyone to read. :)
Here are some pictures to help paint the picture of the race day.
Love & miss you all!!
1 comment:
Yay! I can finally open this site. :)
You look great and everything sounds fun. I think I'll check up your blog everyday from now on. ;p
Miss you!
Yours,
June
Post a Comment