The area we were in was directly facing the Opera House and the bridge so it was an amazing place to be. Here is a picture so you have an idea of our view.

The midnight fireworks were amazing, and while I tried to take some video they are in 20 second bits and don't have the music... so I found a YouTube version for those who'd like to see it. The fantastic part was not only did they have fireworks going from the bridge and barges in , the harbor, but they were also going off of the buildings dowtown. All in all, it was an amazing show.
Links to the show:
Part 1: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=v7UbL4nfeJE&feature=related
Part 2: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WLfv2aqigz0&feature=channel
To top off a great night, we actually managed to get a cab within 5 minutes so didn't have to fight with all the other people to get home - which would have completely ruined the night. Those of you who have fought for cabs in Sydney know what I mean... it sucks.
The next morning I was up at 8 and headed to a beach for a nice relaxing day of sun worshiping. :) My Irish friends met up with me later and we made a day of it - with probably 5 hours at the beach I'm surprised I didn't turn into a lobster, but managed to get a bit of tan and only burn a couple spots on my back where I obviously couldn't reach w/ the sunscreen.
When we'd had enough of the beach we went to the local pub for a drink before showering up for a nice Italian dinner.
All in all it was fantastic. Good friends, good show, and good times all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment