Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Picking up the Pen... er the keyboard

My sincere apologies as I realise it has been over a month since my last post. The last month has been a bit of a blur - with taking 2 weeks off to go to my nephew's graduation and now having knee surgery and trying to fit some work in around those two vacations.

For the first two weeks of June I was in the states as my nephew graduated from good old Richland High School - yay Tyler! Tyler is now awaiting further information on when he will begin boot camp and then enter into the air force.

The trip was very relaxing and great as I was able to see friends and family which I literally haven't seen in years. The one thing which is probably blog worthy is the fact that I think I discovered I may be allergic to vodka. This was discovered as two days in a row I turned bright red and splotchy after drinking vodka - with the second day it beginning to travel down my throat. After taking a Benedril and switching to water the red went away... I'm not completely convinced so am planning an at home experiment once I'm off my pain medications to see if it is in fact a vodka allergy. I'll keep you posted. As I'm typically a Jack Daniels or rum girl I'm not too stressed about it, but it is a bit of a bummer.

The only other potential thing to mention is the fact that I had the worst hair cut I've ever had. The girl was trying to give me some extra layers and texture... however she also almost cut me with her scissors - literally! While she was working on the bottom bit of my neck line she somehow managed to snag some skin in her scissors! I was a bit shocked, but she became very flustered and apparently rushed through the rest of the cut as she was so distraught... this ended up with one side of my haircut being an inch longer than the other and there being areas of completely random layers throughout my cut.

Needless to say i went back to have it fixed, however my cut is now a good 4 inches shorter than it originally was. I'm not too stressed because at the end of the day it's hair and will grow back, but am not all that impressed overall and my mother is no longer having her cut her hair.

Today I go into surgery to fix my torn ACL. I 'check in' at the hospital at noon, which means I had to get up at 530 to have my last bits of fluids and food before I start my fast (it's 7:15 and I'm already hungry again). So over the next two weeks I'll have much more time on my hands and will be able to post more updates. My mother has come to Australia to take care of me so it's great to have her here. When I leave the hospital on Thursday I go straight to the physical therapist to get my exercises I'm supposed to do and then the real pain and work begins.

So look forward to more updates over the next couple days as I try to keep myself and my mother busy and entertained.

No comments: