Monday, August 23, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Right so I'll try to cut through all the un-fun stuff (aka working way too many hours than reasonable) and highlight the key things from the last couple weeks.

Where I left off I had a weekend of a pub crawl with friends and coffee fest... that theme has continued for the last couple weekends.

Firstly there is a fantastically eclectic little pub in Darlinghurst called (very fittingly) The Local. Two weekends ago they had a Moose and Mounty beer fest on which myself and another friend supported our neighbor to the north in. Some of the beers were quite tasty, however some were just down right disgusting. The worst was one which was a smoked amber which smelled like a camp fire and tasted like a fire mixed with bacon... yuk!! The worst thing is that the taste stayed with you.

Afterwards, we headed to a couple of the local trendy bars after some yummy Mexican food. :)

The next week added some spice to the mix with my flatmate who moved in two months ago deciding she missed Brisbane and is moving back... more on that later. The work week was crazy busy with 3 major workshops and meetings which I helped with.

On Saturday we continued our AGSM drinking culture with a pub crawl through the Rocks. Saturday and Sunday were spent relaxing in the sun, showing the flat, and being completely useless. After busy weeks I get the urge to sit around and to nothing at all on the weekends - it's a nice thing to be able to do every now and then. I managed to balance it with a dinner with a group of friends on Sunday night.

While this blog makes it seem like I have at least a mild amount of alcoholism... while I wouldn't deny this I am taking at least a week off to just let my body recover a bit.

My next blog will hopefully be about more happy topics. :)

No comments: