Sunday, August 1, 2010

Roller Coaster Week

This week has been a doosey. It started out with a weekend of great weather and fun times. Last weekend was the Aroma festival - which is a essentially lots of coffee, lots of chocolate, and other things which are very good to eat but bad for the waistline. :) They were also making a mural of Marlyn Monroe with different types of coffee so we were able to get a bit of art with the good eats.

Just some of the yummy stuff

The making of Marlyn

A great view - the Opera House and Camels... :)

After a great weekend the work week was a bit of a nightmare but I won't dwell on that - am moving onto the great weekend weather we had AGAIN.

Now I must say that it almost feels like the weather can't make up its mind. Today I was in a t-shirt and jeans, whereas during the week there were a couple days when I had to wear my big wool coat because it was so cold. However I'm not going to complain too much as long as the weekend weather is nice. :)

Yesterday I went and did a pub crawl with some friends from MBA school. We checked out an area of town which I've never really been to so it was good fun. As you do on a pub crawl, I drank more than expected but was luckily able to stay awake till past 10 - so a good 8 hours of moderate drinking. I must say I'm happy I can still hang some what like I used to.

Today I went to Bondi and had brunch with a couple girlfriends from work. Afterwards we walked along the beach and while we were very tempted to get in we didn't. If we had we would have missed the whales which were playing just off the shore.

Now more on Spain... as many of you might know my neice is going to study abroad in Spain from August till January. I've decided to go visit her over the Christmas and New Years break - YAY! :) I went to Spain back in the day but I think we spent maybe a total of 6 days between 3 cities so it was pretty hectic. As the details play out I will keep everyone posted, but for now am super excited!! :)