Simple as Pie!! :)
Right now its the second week of classes at the AGSM. It's about 9:45 PM and I've had a productive day so am not allowing myself a couple hours of procrastination on the web. So far classes are going well. I'm getting back into the habits and rituals of student life... aka finding the $5 dinners, cheat drinks (which are nearly extinct in Sydney), and spending too much time with your nose in a book. Classes for this sesssion are:
- Organisational Behaviour (OB)
- Accounting
- Data Analysis (DA)
- Economics
I love the OB class as it is what my old job was, just more of the theory and intellectual meat behind what I was doing in practice. Most of the class hates it, but I love it. :) Accounting is just that... accounting - I find it interesting and very challenging at the same time. I will say that I will never look at a financial statement the same way again and it's only the second week. DA and Econ are both just covering what I had in undergrad so it's a bit of a review for now.
My class mates are great! We are 63 strong, with 12 women and 6 Americans. Below is a picture of everyone during Orientation week... you probably can't see me, I'm in the back standing on my tip toes. :)

So far I've been exploring Sydney as much as possible, I haven't yet made it too far into the outer reaches or too far from the central business district or my area for that matter... but I have a while. :)
Our school has our student society elections in the coming weeks. I'm thinking of running for the events coordinator (aka social chair). It is something that for all intensive purposes I have been doing for the last month so it seems like a natural next step, so hopefully all goes well.
Well I think that is a good start to my blogging career.... will write more later.
Love, hugs, and kisses to all!
Cheers,
-K
3 comments:
Hey Miss Kerri,
It's good to hear from you and to get a sense of student life down under.
Your prose is engaging and fun to read. Hummm. I'm sensing a book here...something like "Eat, Study, Drink"!
Keep it coming!
Love, Pam
Cool! You sound happy and healthy! Does the Freshman Fifteen apply to grad school? Also, how about some juicy detail like cute guys, friends you've made, etc. I need the "People" magazine verson of Kerri's life please.
love you,
jodie
Glad you are alive and Tim has not got you into trouble. Did you get the Durty's? No cheap drinks but good company.
If you want cheap drinks, hit the student bar on campus (Govt. Subsidy to students). When i was there it was $2 for well drinks and tap beers. If you ar ereally hard up, join the leagues clib or even better the Randwick Rugby Club.
Let me know when you get Skype.
Post a Comment