So I've been meaning to put pictures of where I live up, and have finally gotten around to taking the pictures. For the first post, I'll try to walk you through the place where I spend most of my time (usually around 12-14 hours a day...) which is the lovely AGSM building.

Now for those of you here in Australia you will hear my sarcasm, but I will explain it fully for those of you back in the states... however before I do that I will walk you through the building.
The Common Room is where we spend most of our time. It has very high fashion black leather couches, a 70's style kitchenette, our lockers, mail slots, and what which all MBA schools must have... a flat screen TV. (The school is over 75% men so that is a must have)
When I'm not procrastinating in the common room, I'm usually in one of the lecture theaters. This picture is of the largest room, where we have our lectures with the entire class. Now one theme of the entire building is that they are trying to keep us from overheating... and so even in the summer we were bringing in sweaters to keep warm in classes. Personally that just makes me want to fall asleep more, but I have managed to maintain consciousness so far... :)
Then there are the syndicate rooms. Now if there was a place where I would call home, it would be in one of these. This is where we have our meetings to discuss and work on the different assignments, or just as a quite place to study without other people and distractions. They are small, but they have white boards, computers, and very comfy chairs!
On a given day I would estimate I spend about 4 hours in lectures, 1.5 hours in the common room, and the other 8 or so hours in syndicate rooms. This is my life... are you jealous? ;)
Now the sarcasm comes in because while the pictures may seem very nice, the building has a couple features which we do not brag about... like the leaking roof where the glass ceiling is, or the climate control issues. Overall, they are just points for whinging and not really that bad. Then there is the fact that while the building is named for the school, we only use I'd say about half of the building (specifically the majority of the bottom two floors). The old library is now an empty space that will be used for god knows what, and the medical students have moved into a space in the offices while their building is being remodeled.
All in all it's good, and we even have a little cafe w/ sandwiches and coffee for those busy days. So this is where I spend most of my time, I'll post soon about where I actually live once I clean it and take some decent pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment