Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bachelorette Parties - Aussie Style

My good friend Nicole recently eloped to Fiji, so while a bit out of order, we threw her a bachelorette party last night. We started out with fantastic dinner at a pub in Surry Hills called the White Horse. The food was amazing and it started the wine flowing for the next part of the evening... which was pole dancing lessons. :)

Now I must say it sounds bad, but we had a private studio with 7 of our good friends and a teacher. The studio had fun costumes to put on to help the occasion. We learned how to swing around the pole and do some things I never thought I'd be able to do. In a sick and twisted way it reminded me of swinging around the swing set when I was little..

After our lesson we headed to a cool local club for some real dancing and general bachelorette activities (making her do embarrassing things, ask random guys weird questions, etc.). We ended the night dancing at a gay bar, which was quickly followed by a very large greasy slice of pizza.

Today I am surprisingly not too hung over (thanks to the pizza), however am beginning to feel the effects of the pole dancing and am not sure if I'll be able to lift my arms tomorrow. I also have a new optional profession should I ever get really desperate.

No comments: