So as this session is has been keeping me busier than I ever expected to be, it is always nice to be able to get away and forget about everything sometimes... I was able to do this last Saturday when a few friends and I took a quick road trip up to the Blue Mountains.
Now, for those who don't know - the weather has been complete shit here. It's been rainy and cold (I even brought out the wool coat today), so I was very excited to wake up to a sunny day on Saturday.
At around 1 we jumped in the car, and after a couple wrong highways, found our way up to the 'mountains'. I put mountains in quotes because in the states they would be more like a plateau or hills. You basically drive uphill for a bit then it flattens out. However while there is the plateau there are also beautiful valleys and gorges. The best comparison I had was the Grand Canyon - only less grand and covered with trees.
This is a popular area to visit and is somewhere I plan to visit more once the weather warms up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment