Many of you know that I've been playing basketball in a rec league with some friends here. What you can't imagine is the level of refs... if you've ever played in the states and though your refs were bad - these are worse! To make things more frustrating our team does not have an offense and most people have never really played before.
Now to our credit we still do pretty well, however the league has combined with the bracket above ours and so the competition has gotten better... which means trouble for us. Our games recently have culminated in the refs not calling anything and players becoming more and more aggressive as fatigue and frustration set in. Today was the low point in this as we lost to a team which we could have beaten.
So I've dusted off all my old memories from the days of playing for Steve and Steve, and have recreated our offense. I am quite proud of this, especially considering I did a quick search of offenses which are listed online and couldn't find this one.
For those of you who don't play basketball just think that it has been almost 10 years since I have run this offense, and even though I probably ran it for at least 5-6 years I still think it's an achievement to remember it... now we'll see if I can teach it to my team.
No comments:
Post a Comment