As I mark another US holiday abroad I realise that this is probably the one thing that I miss most about living away from home. We are going to have an orphans Thanksgiving with some other Yankies, but its just not the same. There is just something about being with family, watching football, and of course Dad making the first batch of Chex mix, that you can't replace with any amount of good friends and wine.
With that saidI am thankful for the time I have spent here, and hopefully will be able to extend for a while (just not too long). So just to share a couple of them:
1. I know it sounds dorky but I am thankful for Skype and blogging - it allows me to share all my experiences and stay connected with all of those who are unfortunately on the other side of the globe.
2. The new friends I've made. Coming into this experience I knew I would gain a new group for friends, but I never anticipated them to be this fantastic. This isn't just the people I go to school with, but also my flatmates and people I have met outside of school.
3. The chance to explore Australia. I have seen new animals (above and below water), been to some of the most beautiful places, discovered new passions, and seen only a portion of this very large continent.
These are three things that I am happy for and I am looking forward to extending this list once I have graduated and can take a breath and enjoy life again.
love and miss you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment