Thursday, November 13, 2008

Movember

November in Australia marks a month of men wearing scruffy faces for charity. The deal is that guys will grow a mustaches or a "mo" and people will donate to motivate him to shave it off... Now as you can imagine the guys end up looking like truckers, porn stars, or sex offenders - but when else do they have a justifiable reason to look like complete idiots. :)

Personally this doesn't really affect me as I don't have to deal with kissing or looking at the guys wearing this more than what I see in class so it's mainly an entertainment factor. In a way it's sort of like Susan G Komen but for men and more of a fun thing. I think it should spread to the US, but am not sure if the guys there are as willing to make fools of themselves as the men down here... To give you an idea of what this entails here is a picture of a couple of the guys in my class looking like they're posing for a Sears catalog - if I get some close ups I'll post them to give you a better feel.



Movember - Sponsor Me

1 comment:

Kevin said...

That would be awesome! Definitely hoping that it makes its way to the States soon...