Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wine Club - aka justifiable reason to drink :)

So a group of the exchange students have organised to have a weekly wine tasting. As I usually have basketball on Wednesday and previously work on Thursday and Friday I have not yet been able to come. This week however, with starting my new job (more info to come on another post) I was able to make it on Thursday and offered to host. Now one thing I've learned about myself while living in Australia is that I love to host events. Whether it's organising the school events or cooking for a group of friends - I like it.

Each week the group selects a different type of wine then they each rank them on a scale of 1-10. One of the guys is then compiling all the information and will have a 10 favorites w/ one of each kind. This week it was sparking wines. So the hostess in me though of strawberries. :) We shared 6 bottles between 11 of us and ha da great time.

Now I'm trying to figure out if we can or if we want to rally more people in the class for a culminating night of the favorites... as I'm new to the group I'll leave it up to them, but could easily try to pull something together. :)



No comments: