Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back to Reality

This week marks the start of my last session of school - which I find both scary and exciting. The new class of both exchange students and full-timers have started so there are about 90 new people wandering around the school. As a result there have been a flurry of social things to go to, drinks to have, etc. Now this is on top of trying to figure out what class I want to take, finalising the scope for a project I'm working on, and finishing my online course. So this week has been a blur and I think that trend will continue.

I'm back to spending most of my day at school, partly because of school work and the very effective air conditioning the school has. :) But the hope is that once I finalise my schedule and begin to get a resemblance of a routine I can begin to try to find a job... that's the mission critical thing for this session. Luckily the first round of student loan checks have arrived so while I'm still having to work 3-4 nights a week they will help make it so I'm not living completely hand to mouth.

All in all it's been a great start to the year and I'm keeping the fingers crossed that all the hard work will pay off. OK... now I need to stop procastinating on some work, but wanted to at least post a little update.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Good luck with your last school session... the end is in sight! Hope that you're not working TOO hard though. :) Thinking of you and missing you tons.