While everything has been very negative lately with trying to find a job and figure out what it is I want to do with my life it is good to have days like today. My day started off being productive with a meeting with one of our career services people, where we outlines some ways to potentially reach new areas for employment (always a good thing at this point). The rest of the morning was spent working on networking and how to potentially approach new people.
The fun starts in the afternoon when I went to meet the Academic Advisor for my management project (which essentially an MBA version of a short consulting project). She asked me to meet her near where she works in North Sydney, so I took the bus to Mosman. Mosman is an area of Sydney which is notorious for having lots of Americans and being a very nice area of Sydney. I was happy to see the main street with the cool shops and cafes, along with the very gorgeous houses on the side streets. We had a very producting meeting and have now identified additional areas where I can look for potential jobs. (again, always good)
To top off the afternoon I took the ferry back to the city. Now the ferries here are different than those in Seattle, in that they are more like buses on the water - more frequent stops and shorter trips. But you get the same effect as on the Sound. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera and can't find any pictures which do the view justice so again, no photos. But the weather was fantastic and it is one of those days where I felt like no matter what things will be alright... which is very cheesy and cliche but hey, if I'm not honest here then what's the point. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment