Monday, May 11, 2009

New Take on Hunter Gatherer

Ok so this may be a one woman type of hunter gatherer, but that is what mode I'm essentially in. Which also explains the lack of posts - as there hasn't been much to update on. My days are now spend looking for jobs both here and back in Seattle (this is the hunter bit) and seeing how far I can stretch my money and food (my current version of gatherer). I often surprise myself as to how little I can spend and still maintain a fairly healthy diet and less that exciting social life. It does help that I tend to work on Friday and Saturday nights which limits my willingness to go party to the wee hours after running around the restaurant for 4 hours.

But on the happy front - graduation is this Thursday. Yay me! Their graduations are less than spectacular here and from the amount of time, effort and resources they put into it they come off as more of a hastle for the schools. Our ceremony is set to last a wopping 1:15 minutes. No speaches, no words of encouragement, no people interesting coming to present - just calling your name, getting your picture taken, then off you go -> straight to the pub :) I will be sure to have some people take some pictures of my in the cap and gown so everyone can see (especially seeing as how I didn't partake in UW's 4 hour ceremony for undergrad). And I know everyone will be here in spirit! I'll have a drink for each of you as part of the celebration ;)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Congratulations on your graduation lady! :) I'm right behind ya! xx JLA