Friday, June 12, 2009

My Australian Drier

So for those people who have ever had to live without a clothes drier you know that it is a bit difficult to dry clothes when it is cold outside. They take about 4 times as long to dry even if you have them inside. I ran into this problem last week when my flatmate's clothes had been on the rack for more than 3 days and were still not dry... my work clothes from the last week weren't washed and I was in dire need of getting them clean before another round of work. I then had what I see as a brilliant idea and fashioned my own sort of clothes drier. :) While it's not idea, the clothes dry in 'standard' time and come off the line a bit warm - which is better to put on opposed to the cold clothes you'd otherwise get. Plus we get the added bonus of it heating up the flat!


Essentially what I've done is taken a very cheap heated fan and pointed it at the drying rack. It works great and I get clean warm cloths in less than a week! :)

Steph - don't you wish we had thought of this in London???

No comments: