For Christmas I went and had a bit of an orphan's Christmas with my friend from school Nicole and her husband and two dogs. It was a nice break to get out of Sydney and see a new city (not to mention not spend Christmas alone). :) To start the holiday spirit off we decorated the two dogs with holiday scarfs which they surprisingly left on.
Weston and Molson sharing the holiday spirit
Unfortunately the weather was very rainy and not very conducive to doing anything outside. So the holidays included my introduction to my new obsession - Wii. I love it and want one! This has now become my new reward for once all my credit cards are paid off (yes I do find it ironic that my reward for paying off my debt is making more, but this is how I manage myself to do this).
Along with playing lots of Wii we were able to go see Avatar and Sherlock Holmes the moves. If you haven't seen Avatar - go. see. it. Preferrably in Imax. 3D glasses are not an option - they are must have. I must admit I have a new heart throb in the form of Jack Sully (Avatar and human). *sigh* :)
For Christmas dinner we did manage to do something a bit formal and had a lamb roast, asparagus, and a very nice bottle of red wine. It wasn't anything big but for three of us it was good. :)
Our Christmas dinner
One thing I was exposed to for the first time in the high intellect of the Queensland public, as demonstrated by these signs at the Burger King (aka Hungry Jack) drive through windows...
For Boxing Day we went to a BBQ at some of their local Canadian friends place. Our dish was salad and desert, so we got a bit creative with the deserts... below are the photos of the cupcake cheese burgers we made from vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, colored icing, and some sesame seeds.
Nicole demonstrating the percision necessary to decorate the 'ketchup"
Masterpieces
The end result... and they tasted fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment