Sunday, January 17, 2010

The New Pad

Before Christmas I said good bye to Kingsford and moved to Rushcutters Bay. The move was prompted by the fact that since I'm now working in the city it makes more sense to live in the city. My new place is withing an under 30 minute walk to almost everything I could ever want. Work is 30 minutes, the CBD is just under that, I'm right by where all the clubs and pubs are as well as some really good restaurants. And if I don't feel like walking the cab is usually just around $10.

I'm in a flatshare again, which I really like (automatic new friends, plus it means I didn't have to buy furniture). My new flatmate is a Kiwi named Rachelle who works for Jim Bean doing marketing work. The flat is much larger than my previous place - larger living room, kitchen, bathroom. The main points are 1) it has a dishwasher, 2) the washer/drier are IN the flat, 3) there is a pool downstairs, and 4) there is a dishwasher. :) So now for the main thing you'd like to see... the pictures.

View from the front door... you'll notice the sparse furniture - it is enough to fill the need but I won't be having any fancy parties any time soon

View back to the kitchen

Look at all the space!! and the dishwasher :)

Bathroom picture 1

The shower :)

Now to put this into perspective, here are some pictures from my last place. You'll notice the kitchen isn't nearly as big and there isn't even the need or ability to take two pictures of the bathroom.

Old Kitchen (without the dishwasher)

The bathroom

My bedroom

While I didn't have to buy furniture I did have to buy a bed. In doing so I didn't want to buy just the standard matchy matchy base, so I asked the sales lady about some of the other bases. As it turns out, there were bases which have drawers. Now storage space is always something that you can never do with too much of so I was very keen on this idea. After looking at a couple of different ones I actually found on which was CHEAPER than the matchy matchy kind. YAY!

My new bed has four of these drawers which very handily stash away TONS of just little things which would otherwise be out in the open taking up space.

My new address is as below:

15/3 Clements Street
Rushcutters Bay, NSW 2011

No comments: