Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And I thought it was hot in January...

I'm not sure if it's made the news in the states, however Monday was the hottest night in 13 years. Yes I said 13 years!!!!!

Now add to that the humidity, lack of air conditioning, lack of bug screens (which means I get unwanted visitors at night), and you have a very unpleasant and restless nights sleep. :(

The upswing is that I'm going to Tasmania tomorrow evening and the high is 50F which will be much better than the heat we've been having. As always I'll take lots of pictures, and try to post the narratives.

My appologies on not posting the names of the cockatoos - however I've been working long hours and haven't been able to interact with them much. Call me old fashioned but I want their names to come to me from them. :)

Any who... it's a cool night and I'm off to try to get a good nights sleep.

No comments: