... and it won. :(
But I will not be discouraged and am taking this as a challenge for tomorrow. The weather for tomorrow's swim is not much better than today so I'm hoping this will scare many 4,500 people who are registered to swim. Today, however was meant to be a easy swim to simply get out in the water and move around a bit.
The swells were meant to be 8 ft today with rainy weather - tomorrow is meant to be only 6ft with the same weather. Fortunately (or so I'm told) the swells will be coming from the south so the beach we are swimming from will be sheltered. This is key because I typically end up having trouble in the massive waves coming into the beach and thrashing me around like a rag doll. Here are some pictures of the waves I attempted to swim in... hopefully the ocean isn't as pissed off tomorrow!
Straight on... those waves look smaller than they actually are



2 comments:
You know it is bad when there are very few people on the beach at Bondi!
Looks pretty wild and wooly.
Post a Comment