When I moved into my new apartment/flat, it was very apparent that there is a different set of local wildlife, and more particularly birds. Being close to the harbour there are a number of different local birds, but the most popular ones are the cockatoos and laurakeets. Apparently, the last person in my room was feeding the laurakeets and had a local group which would come by often.
However, I've managed to attract bigger and better birds. There are a couple of cockatoos which have realised I keep sunflower seeds and will feed them if they come. They're extremely smart and a bit greedy, but not many people can say they have 'wild' birds as pets which will eat out of their hands. I say 'wild' because they are very socialised living in Sydney.
My challenge to you is to help me come up with names for them. :) Please comment on what names you think I should call them and my flatmate and I will choose from the lot. There may be a prize for whoever the makes the chosen suggestion.
Our two friends telling us they want food
Now Rachelle (my flatmate) and I were becoming a bit suspicious as the birds were very greedy and seemed to ALWAYS be around... but tonight it all became clear. There are two sets of birds which come around!! Shortly after this picture the dominant pair proceeded to scare the others away and eat both sets of food I put out.
Three and four!!


5 comments:
Oh, Kerri! I feel for you. I hated those things in Sydney. Fun to look at, but they are aggressive toward other birds & LOUD! I thought they were so annoying. I have no suggestion of names. So sorry. Matt says "Rocky the cocky" for one of them, and "Screech" for the other. Now, for the other 2???
one could be Lawrence because that'd sort of be like naming it after me. Perhaps another appropriate title for these sophisticated birds could be Tillie, or Arlo. I'm thinkin' they deserve some high-class names.
Some ideas:
- Dumbo
- Crackers
- Snowy
- Biff
- Charlie
- Flash
- Max
- Kev
- Samson
- NumNum
- George
that's all i got.
How about Spike and Lola? Be careful, they might sneak in when you're not looking!
Bert and Ernie?
We've been watching Sesame Street lately... :)
Post a Comment