A couple months ago I decided to join the Deloitte soccer team which plays at the same building as my basketball league - in fact on the basketball courts. However since I've been playing there have been a couple too many injuries for my liking. It all started with the first game where I was kicked in the calf which cause a massive bruise and knocked knees with a guy which caused a bone bruise and fluid to form... The next couple games I was a bit more tame with no injuries.
Last week we had a bye so played a just for fun game against the Partners and Directors at Deloitte. During that game one of the Partners forgot he was wearing glasses and did a header - promptly cutting a gash on his nose which got blood on my jersey.
This last Monday it all went down hill.... I knocked knees with someone again - prompting a swift return of my previous bone bruise. Then to top it off I managed to do something to my knee when going to play defense against someone and something just wrong happened.
Two doctors later I have an appointment for an MRI next Thursday and the surgeon estimates I have a 70% chance of needing surgery. NOT COOL!
I've obviously not playing soccer or basketball but my doctor does want me to do a bit of swimming - sorry at this point I have to look for the bright side, even if it is one of those small sunny patches on a very dark day.
As I know more I'll post more, for now I have an xray of my knee which looks normal from what I've been told and am attempting to walk normally without hurting myself (which was the doctor's orders).
No comments:
Post a Comment