Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good Start to the New Year

The new financial year that is... Recent days, weeks, and months have been pretty quite in terms of the job front. This has been very frustrating as I'm qualified even without the MBA, but with it I'm surely qualified. However with the start of the new financial year things are looking a bit brighter. I had one interview yesterday and three today. These are in addition to the one position I'm already being considered for - where they are simply waiting for the contract to be finalised.

So now I just need to get all my visa stuff in order and make a quick jog over to New Zealand to switch to a longer visa. This visa will allow me to work for the next 12 months, hopefully with a sponsored position coming through in the next month or so which would allow me to stay for much longer. While the visa things are pretty important, I think the thing I'm looking most forward to is the prospect of having a real income again. Poco's cantina pays the rent but that's about it... Will keep everyone up to date but please keep your fingers, toes (and anything else you can) crossed that something comes through soon!

1 comment:

Courtney Craig said...

I will totally keep my fingers crossed for you, Kerri! I keep reading your blog, and it sounds like you're staying optimistic despite the recent hardships. Best of luck, girl!