Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to the Grind Stone

Yesterday was my first day with Deloitte Consulting and things have started out amazingly. Everyone is super friendly and happy to help with anything I need assistance with given the fact I've been thrown into the deep end in a way. I had an interview with my client yesterday and my first day of meetings today, so I am hitting the ground running.
It is definitely a different situation than what I experienced at BearingPoint, where my first couple weeks were spent doing online training courses to begin to understand the organisation and how it operates. Whereas with a smaller office things are much more at my fingertips and if I have any questions I can ask anyone from the business analysts to the partners for help.
My client is a massive public sector organisation which is undergoing a public private partnership much like one of my projects in Virginia, so things are a bit more familiar. The most important thing is that things are going well and I'm enjoying things so far. With having a smaller area covered the teams are much more social which will be nice for gaining a larger feeling for the organisation outside of my project team.
Anyways, it's late and I should be going but I wanted to put a post up to give everyone an update.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Congratulations on starting your new job, Ker! It's one you've worked very very hard for and I hope you feel the pride and accomplishment that you so deserve. I'm sorry your US trip was cut short, but it sounds like it was for an excellent reason. xx, J La