Today marks the first time in I couldn't count how many years (at least 6) that I haven't had a proper Cinco de Mayo. No chips and salsa, no guacamole, no drinking cerveza.... and most importantly no margarita.
When I asked most people leading up to this day what there is to do in Sydney for Cinco de Mayo the majority of responses I received were "Cindo de what?!?" Needless to say there isn't as large of a Hispanic population here as in Washington or Arizona, or probably anywhere in the states for that matter... but I at least expected something! I've also learned that it is very much a Mexican thing as the Portuguese and Brazilian people I know didn't know about it either.
At the end of the day just know that I am officially missing the states today, and the fact that I wouldn't be able to sneeze without finding a margarita close at hand today.
No comments:
Post a Comment