So it's not for another 11 days and I have finals and a party to throw before then... but I'm so excited for my vacation!!! I'm going to be going up to a set of islands called the Whitsunday's and spending 3 days and 2 nights on a 70 meter boat (pictured here). We'll go sea kayaking, island hopping, scuba diving, and just cruising around; plus make use of the on-board jacuzzi. The boat holds about 16 people and there are 6 people from my class going total so it should be good fun.After the boat I'm going to go down the coast to an island called Fraser Island, which is the largest sand island in the world. I'm wondering if it will be a bit of a flash back to all the islands that we had in the middle of the Columbia River back in good old Richland... Except this one is big enough to have fresh water lakes and streams, and has points where you can whale watch. The unfortunate part is that there are no accommodations on the island so it will be camping all the way... good thing I've adjusted back to the student lifestyle and will be able to bear it.
We have to rent a Land Cruiser and take all our food/water onto the island with us. Then it's driving on the beaches because there are only a couple of roads... should be fun! Now I know some of you are cringing at this, but if nothing else this will be an adventure and considering my lack of budget right now it gets me outside the city before the next session starts. (Which is supposed to be even harder and more work than this session... yippee!!)
OK, I have officially wasted enough time and need to get back to accounting studying. :( Cash flows here I come!!
1 comment:
I definitely am jealous since I have never been to that part of the world. Although you know I would be looking for a place with a condo on the beach, which is my version of roughing it.
Dad
Post a Comment