It amazes me at how under appreciated teachers are... The reason I say this is that I know of two people in my lives who are teachers and are currently on strike. Kirsten, my sister-in-law is currently striking in Washington for much needed improvements in not only wages, but curriculum and health benefits. Then one of my flatmates is currently striking here in Australia for some of the very same reasons.
These are the people who are charged with shaping the minds and lives of our children and our future... why is it so much to ask for paying them enough to live comfortably? Corporations and individuals are willing to spend hundreds of dollars an hour for various consulting and professional services, but not willing to spend the extra money in taxes to support our teachers. (Yes I see the irony in me being one of these consultants... but you get my point)
Anyways, I just had this thought today while I was sitting in the McKinsey information session thinking how much I DON'T want to work for a company like theirs and thought I'd share it with you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment