Given the financial situation in the US which seems to be getting worse and worse by the day... I have been frantically trying to find a part time job to help me literally survive. The trouble is that I'm too employable. Employers either see my resume and only look at the professional experience - disregarding the 6 months of retail and 6 months at the bagel shop - or they see that I'm graduating and not going to be April and therefore won't be able to help fill their 'pipeline.' I cannot tell you how frustrating and stressful this is.
I've calculated it out and currently - if I don't find a job I will literally run out of money by the end of the year. Now I do have my old 401K which I can and will dip into, but I am trying a couple last ditch points for private loans in the US before I go there. Even that doesn't have a cheery outlook as it is currently sitting with Merrill Lynch, which is now Bank of America.
Luckily we have started to apply and take interviews for actual jobs - after we graduate. So hopefully I will be able to secure something for as soon as I'm done to start trying to make some money.
Hopefully in addition to a real job I'll find someone who actaully looks at my resume as a good thing in that they can pay me minimal money to get someone who is overqualified for the position... keep your fingers crossed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment