Thursday, September 25, 2008

Roller Coaster Week

This week has been pretty insane... with interviewing for both part-time and future full-time jobs, catching up on loads of reading for school, coming to crunch time on a major project, then today going from severe home sickness to a literally bright outlook. While the majority of these are pretty self explanatory I will highlight the last couple.

I have been working with a team of people from my school and the overarching business school to put on a program to help other masters students who do not have business experience learn some of the basic skills and start networking. Now everything has been going great, but our assistant dropped off the face of the earth for two days and things didn't get done. We are now in crunch mode and having to do things very last minute - which is never any good. The good news is that it's almost over!! After next weekend I will be done with this project and be able to focus on more pressing things.

In the mean time, I was watching the Rock n Roll Fashion show today and was hit with a massive wave of home sickness when Lynard Skynard played Sweet Home Alabama. There is something about those good old songs that make me miss home. However I just checked the weather and am feeling better... below is the forecast for Sydney, Phoenix, and Seattle. For all you American's you'll need to do a bit of converting if you don't want to simply use the pictures. :)

No comments: